Multi hand blackjack is a variation found exclusively at online casinos and is in fact the most prevalent type of blackjack at most online gaming establishments.
While most land-based casinos will allow players to play multiple hands in blackjack under certain conditions, multi hand blackjack is available at your favourite online casinos 24/7.
Just another reason why online casinos are better than their land-based counterparts!
If you’re hoping to become a blackjack success then Guide4Blackjack.com is the place to be.
We have everything from guides to getting started for absolute beginners, to in-depth game analysis and strategy guides for more experienced players.
The Basics of Multi Hand Blackjack
Before we get to the nitty-gritty of multi hand blackjack there is something we have to make players aware of: there is absolutely no difference in game play between standard and multi hand blackjack!
Important things to note:
- Card-counting is virtually impossible due to RNG software that shuffles the deck between each hand.
- The table minimums for multi hand blackjack are generally much lower than live action games, and it’s possible to find $1 games.
How Multi Hand Blackjack is Dealt
- Log into your online casino account
- Select Multi Hand Blackjack as your chosen game
- A virtual table will open before you and you will see 5 betting spots
- Each betting spot represents 1 hand
- Choose to play a single hand or play all 5 hands at once
- Place a bet for each hand
- Cards will then be dealt
- All players cards are dealt face up
- Dealer is the last to receive their cards – 1 face up, 1 face down
Player Options in Multi Hand Blackjack
You would be wise to keep in mind that blackjack is far more complicated than other online casino games and it’s for precisely this reason that many players in Canada and New Zealand prefer best online pokies, but that is what makes our blackjack guides so beneficial.
If the dealer does not have blackjack, you will be given the option to play on your own hand to improve your total. If the dealer has blackjack, then you lose all your hands in play unless you too have blackjack.
You may do one of the following:
- Stand on any total
- Hit any total less than 21
- Double down on any 2 original cards
- Split a pair with the option of re-splitting up to 3 times
- A pair of Aces may be split only once and receive only 1 additional card
- Take insurance if the dealer shows an Ace
Dealer Options in Multi Hand Blackjack
The dealer has to wait for you to act on all your hands before they can act on theirs. Once you have exhausted all possible options, the dealer may do one of the following:
- May hit any total of 16 or less
- The dealer must stand on any total of 17 or higher
Please note, the dealers options are the same in any standard variation of online blackjack.
Finding a Great Online Casino
If you haven’t as yet chosen an online casino, Guide4Blackjack.com has you covered in this regard as well!
While we are not a dedicated recommendation and review site, we do hold some insight into finding a top-notch online casino open to players in Canada and New Zealand.
When deciding on a legitimate and reputable online casino, first be sure that they accept players from your country of residence as well as gameplay in your currency.
Check out the range of games and banking options and make sure they cater to what you prefer.