So you have found Blackjack, well done! Gambling has a long and interesting history going back thousands of years, but Blackjack as a table game is always growing in popularity and is super fun to play when at a Casino and have time to spend.
Our article will show you how to behave when playing Blackjack, and some of the rules apply even if you are not going to an actual land based casino, and having a go online at Blackjack.
Because learning the general etiquette of how to act at a blackjack table, whether it is a CAD casino or a USD casino is important and necessary.
So even if you have been in a casino or have learnt the actual rules of the game, here are the guides on how to behave and act like a pro:
- Wait for the current hand to finish, do not interrupt a game in process to try change currency
- Never hand your money to the dealer, the cameras need to see the transaction occur so place your money on the table for the dealer to count and then supply you with chips.
- When you place a bet, remove your hands from the chips in the betting box and leave the chips alone
- Do not use both hands to hold your cards, this is generally to prevent players tampering with their cards
- Also never walk away from the table with your cards, do not even place them in your lap –keep them in view of casino cameras at all times
- If your game is dealt with the cards face up – there is no need to touch them- so don’t.
- Use hand signals to show your decision in games with multiple decks , scratch the table for a hit, place your cards under your chops to stand and leave the cards face up if you are bust.
- Do not talk to the dealer unless you ask for advice on the hand – but this can be dependant on the Casino
- Learn how to cut the deck correctly, insert he cut card as close to the middle of the deck as you can
- A tip is to avoid the final seat on the left, as the dealer plays right after this player, and your mistakes will be picked up by fellow players quickly and used against you
- Always place the larger denomination chip on the bottom of a stack of chips and the lower denominations on top
- You can ask for your spot to be marked by the dealer if you need a bathroom or cigarette break
- Tip the dealer – please tip the dealers they are doing a minimum wage job, throw them some tips
- Never tell your fellow players how to play! If asked you can give your opinion but never start lecturing people on what they should or shouldn’t do
This list may seem long and daunting but most of it is actually pretty basic information but things that could possibly over looked when you are new to casinos or Blackjack.